The Coast walking track
Wyrrabalong National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Coast walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 15min - 1hr 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
The Coast walking track goes from Bateau Bay south to Forresters Beach. You can start the track at either end, or at one of the access points along the way, or including Crackneck lookout.
To start the walk from Bateau Bay:
- Take The Entrance Road and turn east into Yakalla Street
- Turn right onto Bateau Bay Road and then left into Reserve Drive
- The track starts from Bateau Bay Beach picnic area on Reserve Drive
To start the walk from Forresters Beach:
- Take The Entrance Road and turn east into Crystal Street
- Turn left into Kalakau Avenue, which becomes South Scenic Road
- Turn right into North Scenic Road, which becomes Cromarty Hill Road
- Park near the gate and follow the track up to the Wyrrabalong lookout, where the track begins
Park entry points
- Cromarty Hill Road See on map
- Parking is available at Bateau Bay Beach picnic area a short walk from the northern end of The Coast walking track
- Parking is available on North Scenic Drive, a short walk to Wyrrabalong lookout and the southern end of The Coast walking track
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wyrrabalong National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A spring visit allows you to see gorgeous wildflower displays as you walk through the park.
It's summertime and the water's great – visit to surf, swim or snorkel in the park's superb beaches and it's a great time of year to fish for prawns and blue swimmer crabs at Tuggerah Lake.
Head to Wyrrabalong or Crackneck lookouts – these high headlands are perfect posts for watching whales on their northern migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
10°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day