Tamboi walking track
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Tamboi walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Tamboi walking track starts at Mungo Brush campground in the Bombah Broadwater precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there:
- From Hawks Nest, follow Mungo Brush Road for approximately 25km and follow the signs to the campground.
- From the Pacific Highway, take Bombah Point Road (unsealed) to the ferry crossing
- Cross the water with Bombah Point ferry and continue along Mungo Brush Road for approximately 5km
- The campground is on the right hand side shortly after Dees Corner campground.
If you're travelling on the Bombah Point ferry, see the the prices here.
Parking is available at Mungo Brush campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Bombah Point ferry fees -
The vehicle ferry at Bombah Point provides access across the lake (8am to 6pm daily, fees apply: cash only). Under strong winds the ferry may be closed. Contact the park office to check. Ferry fees:
- $2.50 per pedestrian
- $5.50 per motorbike
- $6.50 per car
- $6.50 caravan, trailer or boat trailer
- $10 per 4 tonne or larger vehicles
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. NPWS staff regularly visit areas to collect day use fees. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass