Sugar Creek trail
Wallingat National Park
Just a short drive from Forster and Pacific Palms, Sugar Creek trail is a lovely walk or mountain bike trail for the whole family, with great birdwatching and picnicking opportunities.
- Wallingat National Park in North Coast
- 1.7km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
Sugar Creek trail, also known as Hotel Creek track, is a short walk through lush rainforest and dense palm forest. Starting from Sugar Creek picnic area, it’s a nice hike or easy mountain bike trail that the whole family will enjoy.
There is an abundance of wildlife to keep you entertained. You’re bound to spot popular locals such as wallabies, goannas and echidnas. If you’re lucky you might also spot koalas, yellow-bellied gliders and a powerful owl. There are also over 200 bird species found in Wallingat so keep your binoculars handy to get close up views of king parrots, glossy black cockatoos and blue wrens.
Find a place along the way to sit and take in the peaceful sounds of the forest. You can then head back to the picnic area to cook up a storm on the barbecue and relax among the tall cabbage palms and flooded gums.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Wallingat National Park in the North Coast region
Wallingat National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Things to do (26)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cycling (7)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (4)
- Horse riding (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (4)
- Walking (10)