Sublime Point walking track
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Sublime Point walking track.
Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Sublime Point walking track is in the Bulli precinct of Illawarra Escarpment Conservation Area. To get there:
From the top of the escarpment:
- Take Old Princes Highway, approximately 12km south from Helensburgh to Bulli Heights.
- Turn left into Sublime Point lookout, approximately 3km north of Bulli Pass.
- The track begins 50m south-east of Sublime Cafe
From the bottom of the escarpment:
- Turn left from Lawrence Hargrave Drive onto Henley/Kirton Roads, Austinmer.
- Turn left onto Hill Street, then right onto Foothills Road.
- Please respect residents and drive slowly
- The track branches off the footpath that joins Foothills Road and Buttenshaw Drive, Austinmer.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Sublime Point lookout.
By public transport
Use the Transport NSW Trip Planner to plan your journey to Austinmer train station, then start the walk from the bottom of the escarpment.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Picnic facilities are located at Lady Fuller Park, near Austinmer, and Sublime Point lookout.
Maps and downloads
- Wollongong office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4224 4188
- Unit G Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
- in Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area in the South Coast region
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. However, it is recommended that bushwalking only be undertaken during daylight hours because of the presence of cliff edges and other hazards.