Sublime Point walking track
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Sublime Point walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Sublime Point walking track is in the Bulli precinct of Illawarra Escarpment Conservation Area. To get there:
From the top of the escarpment:
- Take Old Princes Highway, approximately 12km south from Helensburgh to Bulli Heights.
- Turn left into Sublime Point lookout, approximately 3km north of Bulli Pass.
- The track begins 50m south-east of Sublime Cafe
From the bottom of the escarpment:
- Turn left from Lawrence Hargrave Drive onto Henley/Kirton Roads, Austinmer.
- Turn left onto Hill Street, then right onto Foothills Road.
- The track branches off the footpath that joins Foothills Road and Buttenshaw Drive, Austinmer.
Park entry points
- Princes Highway, Bulli Tops See on map
Parking is available at Sublime Point lookout.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Picnic facilities are located at Lady Fuller Park, near Austinmer, and Sublime Point lookout.
Maps and downloads
- Wollongong office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 02 4224 4188
- Unit G Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW 2500
- in Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area in the South Coast region
Illawarra Escarpment State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. However, it is recommended that bushwalking only be undertaken during daylight hours because of the presence of cliff edges and other hazards.