Square Head track 2
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Square Head track 2.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Square Head is in the eastern section of Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve. To get there:
- Take Cullendulla Drive east off the Princes Highway (signposted to Long Beach).
- Take the turn on to Blairs Road and turn off into the nature reserve carpark
- The walk is the left side track from the carpark, heading along the ridge.
Open plan parking is available.
Best times to visit
Migratory birds arrive from Russia, Asia, northeast China, and Europe for the warmer months, foraging on the sand flats where you can see them from Cullendulla Beach.
Break out the canoe or kayak and beat the summer heat with a refreshing paddle up Cullendulla Creek.
Make the short hike to Square Head to do the Mangrove walk, watching how the landscape changes in high and low tide.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15.5°C and 23.5°C
6.5°C and 17.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The track follows a gravel management trail which can be accessed by wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- Some assistance may be required on the uneven, gravel surface.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539