Square Head track 1
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
This short walk offers rich rewards, leading to the entrance of Cullendulla Creek, perfect for an afternoon picnic and swim near the shorebirds.
- Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Shore birds are best seen on low tide. It’s a good idea to check the tides charts beforehand. Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Leading to the entrance of Cullendulla Creek, this terrific short walk touches swamp oak and spotted gum forest before revealing a peaceful beach and rest spot in sight of Cullendulla Beach and the Batemans Bay township.
Expect a moderate-to-steep gradient, but it’s worth it. Pack a picnic lunch and bring the kids along, or bring a birding guide and watch white ibises and black swans drift across the creek. In the warmer months, this is an ideal place for a swim, too; the small estuary beach is protected from onshore winds by Square Head, and the bay, though unpatrolled, is calm enough for swimming. If you fancy a round of fishing, turn left at the carpark and follow the other Square Head track instead.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541
- in Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve in the South Coast region
Cullendulla Creek Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.