Solitary Islands coastal walk
Coffs Coast Regional Park
Solitary Islands coastal walk traverses 60km of beaches and rainforest on the Coffs Coast. Enjoy whale watching, birdwatching and swimming on your journey from Red Rock to the coastal village of Sawtell.
- Coffs Coast Regional Park
- No wheelchair access
- 60km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4 days
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Please note
- Check the tides - walking along the beach is easiest at low tide. Areas that are best walked at low tide include creek crossings at Arrawarra and Moonee Creek and around rocks on Campbells Beach.
You’ll be hard pressed to find a more beautiful walk on the east coast of NSW. The Solitary Islands coastal walk links a string of idyllic golden beaches, rocky headlands and lush rainforest along the Coffs Coast.
Solitary Islands and Muttonbird Island are picturesque and make for perfect birdwatching, so bring your binoculars; little terns and white bellied eagles are often seen along the shores. Dolphins surf the waves of these beaches all year round and the headlands are ideal for whale watching.
There are plenty of options for picnicking, swimming and water sports. And with loads of nearby cafes and accommodation to suit any budget, you’ll want to keep coming back to discover all the charms of this beautiful walking track.
If you’re feeling energetic, pack your backpack and do the whole walk and camp over four days. Or why not stroll along the coastal walk in shorter sections, accessed from Arrawarra Headland, Woolgoolga Beach and Headland, Emerald Beach, Diggers Beach, and nearby Muttonbird Island Nature Reserve.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 32 Marina Drive, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Coffs Coast Regional Park in the North Coast region
Coffs Coast Regional Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.