Snow Gum walking track
Coolah Tops National Park
Snow Gum walking track in Coolah Tops National Park is an easy way to experience some of the largest known snow gum trees in a beautiful old-growth forest setting, near Coolah.
- Coolah Tops National Park in Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- 1.2km loop
- Time suggested
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- When you visit or stay in Coolah Tops National Park come fully equipped with food, water and shelter. There’s no drinking water available in the park and it has limited visitors’ facilities.
- The Forest Road east of the Hildegard Road intersection is closed to vehicles during winter (June through August).
It’s easy to combine a scenic drive along Forest Road with a stroll along Snow Gum walking track. The whole family will enjoy this short 1.2km loop among enormous trees in a beautiful sub-alpine forest.
Hop out of your car, head into the forest and experience these magnificent giants up close. Be sure to bring your camera because there’s plenty of wildlife to see. Keep an eye out for crimson rosellas, red wattlebirds and rainbow lorikeets in the canopy. Toward dusk, swamp wallabies and echidnas emerge, and at night greater gliders and feather gliders travel through the treetops.
There’s plenty more to do near nearby. Snow Gum walking track is easily combined with a visit to the rustic Cattle Creek Hut. Nearby Breeza lookout is a great spot to enjoy a picnic and soak up views of the Liverpool and Breeza plains. Fit, experienced bushwalkers can enjoy still more stunning Liverpool Range views along Shepherds Peak walking track.
Snow Gum picnic area
Snow Gum picnic area is in Coolah Tops National Park at the start of Snow Gum walking track. It’s a great spot for a snack when you do this family-friendly walk.
Download our app
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Coolah Tops National Park in the Country NSW region
Coolah Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations. The eastern end of the park is regularly closed during wet weather due to slippery road conditions.
Things to do (17)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (1)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sightseeing (11)
- Walking (10)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)