Snow Gum picnic area
Coolah Tops National Park
Snow Gum picnic area is in Coolah Tops National Park at the start of Snow Gum walking track. It’s a great spot for a snack when you do this family-friendly walk.
No drive along The Forest Road is complete without a visit to this pretty picnic area. Located on Gemini Loop Road in the far south-east of Coolah Tops National Park, it’s set among enormous gums trees. Stop here for a cup of tea, or refuel with a snack before a pleasant stroll along Snow Gum walking track.
Snow Gum walking track
Snow Gum walking track in Coolah Tops National Park is an easy way to experience some of the largest known snow gum trees in a beautiful old-growth forest setting, near Coolah.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Coolah Tops National Park in the Country NSW region
Coolah Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations. The eastern end of the park is regularly closed during wet weather due to slippery road conditions.
Things to do (16)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Sightseeing (10)
- Walking (10)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)