Slippery Rock walking track
Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Slippery Rock walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Slippery Rock walking track is in the north-west precinct of Kwiambal National Park.
To get there from Macintyre Falls picnic area:
- The track starts across the road from the information board at Macintyre Falls
Park entry points
- Macintyre Falls picnic area carpark See on map
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Macintyre Falls can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Macintyre Falls picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend and during school holidays, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kwiambal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Between the warmer months of September and March, spectacular wildflower displays decorate the bush beneath white cypress pines.
The many swimming opportunities, including rivers, secluded beaches, and even a plunge pool, makes Kwiambal a terrific destination in the height of summer.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16.9°C and 30.6°C
2.7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
Fishing from a boat, the beach or by the river is a popular activity for many national park visitors. If you’re planning a day out fishing, check out these fishing safety tips.
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372