Six Foot track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Six Foot track.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Six Foot track starts near Explorers Tree, in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take the Great Western Highway towards Katoomba
- Around 2.2km west of the Katoomba turn off, turn on to Nellies Glen Road then Pulpit Hill Road. Alternatively, around 2.6km west of the Katoomba turnoff turn on to Explorers Road then left on to Pulpit Hill Road.
- Six Foot track, starts from Pulpit Hill Road, near Explorers Tree.
- There’s no public transport to or from Jenolan Caves. If you plan to finish this walk at Jenolan, please arrange your own transport.
- Access to Jenolan is via Edith Road (2-Mile Road) only. This road is only suitable for vehicles smaller than a 12-seat minibus.
- A minibus shuttle service can be arranged between Jenolan and the pick-up point for larger buses. The shuttle takes you to Kanangra Walls Road turnoff where you can meet your pre-arranged transport. Bookings can be made at Jenolan Caves House reception. Contact the Jenolan Caves office before you hike on 1300 76 33 11 to confirm cost and availability.
Parking is available at Explorers Tree.
- Campgrounds with toilet facilities are located at Old Ford Reserve, Cox’s River and Black Range. At Allum Creek, there’s a campground, but there are no toilet facilities.
- Cabin accommodation is available at Binda Bush cabins, approx. 4km from Jenolan Caves.