Six Foot track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
A challenging 3-day hike, Six Foot track winds from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves, passing through Blue Mountains National Park and state forests. This walk is managed by Crown Land.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- 46km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3 days
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
If you're planning to hire a free Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) from one of these locations, please wait to fill in your form in person at that location.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, clothes for all weather conditions, compass, personal locator beacon, sleeping bag, sturdy shoes, topographic map, tent
- Please note
- This track is managed by the Department of Primary Industry - Crown Land. For detailed information about the track and closures phone Crown Land on: 1300 886 235.
- If you're planning to stay at a campground managed by Crown Lands from 1 June 2020, you now need to fill out the Crown reserves camping registration form.
- For more maps visit this independent website about Six Foot track.
- Check the weather before you set out as Six Foot track can become boggy when it rains.
Looking for an exhilarating adventure that will give your mind and body a hard yet exhilarating workout? The dynamic Six Foot track packs it all into a three-day hike for enthusiastic bushwalkers. Winding through state forests and Blue Mountains National Park, this historic track takes in heritage sites, heath, woodlands, and rainforest, with several opportunities for excellent overnight camping.
Following an 1884 heritage horse track, this challenging walk starts near Katoomba, passing cascading waterfalls and wild rivers into the Megalong Valley and village, before crossing a unique swing bridge, climbing the range, and arriving at Jenolan Caves.
At night, cook up a hearty meal and enjoy some stargazing before falling asleep to the sounds of the bush. Alternatively, if you don’t feel like completing the entire walk, shorter sections can be undertaken.
Tours and events at this location
Enjoy 4 days of indulgence and scenic Blue Mountains views on a luxury trekking trip with GirlsTrek. You’ll explore Six Foot track in the company of an amazing group of women on this girls' getaway.
Are you planning a bushwalk, going somewhere remote or where the weather is extreme? Stay safe by planning your trip for all conditions and telling someone about it.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.