Shepherds Peak walking track
Coolah Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Shepherds Peak walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Shepherds Peak walking track is in Coolah Tops National Park.
To get there from Coolah:
- Drive east on sealed Coolah Creek Road for almost 19km.
- Turn right onto unsealed State Forest Road and drive almost 11km to the park entrance.
- Continue straight onto The Forest Road and drive for about 26km.
- Breeza lookout is on your left. Park here.
- Shepherds Peak walking track starts at Breeza lookout.
Note: The Forest Road east of the Hildegard Road intersection is closed to vehicles during winter, from June to August.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Breeza lookout.
You can cycle from campgrounds in Coolah Tops National Park to Breeza lookout along The Forest Road.
There are no bins so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camping is not permitted on Shepherds Peak walking track.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Warrumbungle NP Visitor Information Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6825 4364
- 4261 John Renshaw Parkway, Warrumbungle NSW 2828
- in Coolah Tops National Park in the Country NSW region
Coolah Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or management operations. The eastern end of the park is regularly closed during wet weather due to slippery road conditions.