Sawn Rocks walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sawn Rocks walking track.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Sawn Rocks picnic area is in the Sawn Rocks precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park.
To get there from Narrabri:
- Drive 3km north along the Newell Highway towards Moree, then turn right into Killarney Gap Road (Bingara Road).
- After about 35km, you'll see the Sawn Rocks turn-off on the right.
To get there from Bingara:
- Drive approximately 65km east along Killarney Gap Road
- You’ll see the Sawn Rocks turn-off on the left.
Parking is available at Sawn Rocks
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The track to the lookout is around 750m and is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- While the track is sealed, some assistance may be needed along undulating sections.
- One designated disabled car spot is available at the Sawn Rocks picnic area carpark, where the track starts.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.