Sandy Creek loop track
Bournda National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Sandy Creek loop track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Sandy Creek loop track is in the southern section of Bournda National Park.
To get there from the south:
- Travel along Sapphire Coast Drive for approximately 6km
- Take the Widgeram Road/North Tura turnoff and follow this road
- Turn right at the T intersection into the carpark for the North Tura viewing platform and join the track from there
To get there from the north:
- Travel along Sapphire Coast Drive to the Bournda Road/Hobart Beach campground turnoff
- Follow this road for approximately 3km then take the right turn to Bournda Lagoon
- After about 2.5km you will arrive at the Bournda Lagoon carpark from where the track begins
Parking is available nearby Sandy Creek loop track. Please note that a park use fee applies.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bournda National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
As the weather cools but the waters are still warm, it's a great time to enjoy the Kangarutha walking track. Swim along the way at secluded beaches. It will feel like you have the place to yourself.
Enjoy the colours of wildflowers and the take in the smells of spring as the park comes alive. Head to the lookout at North Tura, find a sunny spot and look out for whales passing in the distance.
Discover the water activities on offer. Paddling at Bournda Lagoon, sailing on Wallagoot Lake, fishing at Wine Glass Bay or surfing and swimming at any one of the secluded beaches.
- Drinking water is not available in this area so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548