Rainforest walking track
Robertson Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Rainforest walking track.
Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Well-formed track: The walk is a 1.5m-wide gravel track.
Occasional steps: Along the path there are several small steps that range from between 5-15cm in height.
Pinch points: There may be points along the walk where the track narrows between hanging vines, but the vines can be manoeuvred around and pushed out of the way.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Rainforest walking track starts at the northwestern corner of Robertson Nature Reserve. To get there:
- Once in the township of Robertson, turn onto Meryla Street from the main road.
- Follow to the end then turn left onto South Street
- Continue until you see the sign on your right
Parking is available on South Street at the start of the walk in a grass carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Robertson Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Breathe in the crisp fresh air as you walk through the dense rainforest.
Take a short stroll through the rainforest and discover its ancient secrets.
Escape the crowded beaches and enjoy cool temperatures under the rainforest canopy.
Rug up and experience the beauty of the misty rainforest in winter.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
11°C and 26°C
2°C and 14°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Seats and resting points
There are 3 bench seats evenly distributed along the loop walk.
Maps and downloads
Rainforest walking track is a flat, gravel loop track that's 1.5m wide. There are 3 bench seats at regular points along the walk where you can rest.
There are some points along the track where people with reduced mobility may need assistance:
- Along the path there are several small steps that range from between 5-15cm in height.
- There some sections where the track narrows between hanging vines, but the vines can be manoeuvred around and pushed out of the way.
- Parking is in a grass carpark at the start of the walk. Some assistance may be needed to get across the grass to the trackhead.
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577