Rainforest walking track
Robertson Nature Reserve
An easy walk along Rainforest walking track in Robertson Nature Reserve, near Wollongong, is the perfect way to recharge the batteries. Stroll under the rainforest canopy and enjoy birdwatching and wildlife spotting along the way.
- Robertson Nature Reserve in Country NSW
- 0.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 30min
- Grade 1
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Prepare yourself for a journey back in time as you enjoy a leisurely stroll along on this easy walking track.
Stroll along the wheelchair-friendly walking track and surround yourself with the dense rainforest that once covered the landscape around Robertson. Looking up at the sheer density of the vines, you can see why the Yarrawa Brush, as it it’s known, was so difficult to penetrate for early explorers.
If you’re keen on birdwatching, keep your binoculars handy and you might just spot Lewin's honeyeaters, white-browed scrub hens, crimson rosellas, wonga pigeons or satin bowerbirds. You’re sure to at least hear the distinctive whip crack call of the eastern whipbird.
Look out for wombat burrows, and if you look really closely, you might even notice the delicate rainforest snails and other invertebrates picking their way through the ferns and mosses.
Access-friendly walking tracks
NSW national parks offers some amazing access-friendly walking tracks suitable for people with disability. Escape the city and explore some of the picturesque wheelchair-accessible tracks on offer.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Robertson Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Robertson Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (28)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sightseeing (14)
- Walking (13)
- Waterfalls (11)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)