Red Gum trail
Wyrrabalong National Park
Walk the easy Red Gum trail in Wyrrabalong National Park, which loops through coastal forest to a lookout with Toukley and Tuggerah Lake views. After your walk enjoy a picnic, or head to nearby Pelican Beach for a swim.
- 3.4km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 15min - 1hr 45min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Take care of tree branches twisting across the track
- You can link this trail with the Burrawang track to make a 3.4km loop walk
- There is a picnic area near the carpark if you’d like to stop for a picnic before or after your walk
- Strong rips and currents may be present at Pelican Beach – take care in the water and please supervise children at all times
Meander through majestic red gum forest backed by water views on the Red Gum trail. It’s an easy walk along the sandy track and you’ll see a fascinating array of coastal vegetation. There are old man banksia trees and, of course, large Sydney red gums, with their impressive branches twisting towards the light.
Look out for pretty flannel flowers in springtime and knotted branches twisting across the track. And don’t miss the Red Gum trail lookout – it offers far-reaching views of the mountains, as well as Toukley and Tuggerah Lake.
If you fancy a longer walk, link up with Lillypilly loop trail or join Burrawang track to complete a loop walk back to Burrawang picnic area. When you've finished bushwalking, drive up the road to Pelican Beach Road lookout and cool off with a swim at the beach.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Wyrrabalong National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Wyrrabalong National Park is open from 5.30am to 8pm during daylight saving and 5.30am to 6pm rest of year.