Rawson Falls walk
Boorganna Nature Reserve
Follow Rawson Falls walk all the way to the scenic waterfalls, passing a lookout, picnic area and swimming hole, while enjoying birdwatching and wildlife along the way.
- Boorganna Nature Reserve
- 5km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Leeches may be encountered. To help prevent contact, apply insect repellent and wear long trousers. Check your clothing frequently and flick off any leeches.
- There are stinging trees near the walking track. Visitors are advised not to touch the leaves or brush up against the tree.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
While in Boorganna Nature Reserve, be sure to take the trip out along Rawson Falls walk, which you can follow all the way down to the very base of the waterfall, with its deep, tranquil plunge pool at the bottom.
For your effort, you’ll be rewarded with absolutely spectacular views of the 40m high falls and the diverse surrounding vegetation; you can see all six types of forest that make up the reserve from here. In spring, look out for the beautiful flowering orange blossom and spotted cinnamon orchids, while in autumn, the brightly coloured fungi of the forest can be quite remarkable to see.
A trip to the waterfall, with a relaxed lunch at the picnic area and a refreshing dip at the bottom of the falls, makes for a perfect day trip. The track is even signposted along the way with interesting facts about the rainforest and its history.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Boorganna Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Boorganna National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.