Coramba Nature Reserve
Rainforest walk in Coramba Nature Reserve, near Coffs Harbour, is a great place to take a delightful stroll and enjoy birdwatching through a rare protected rainforest.
- Coramba Nature Reserve in North Coast
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 27min
- Grade 4
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Few rainforest walks are as lovely as this walk found in Coramba Nature Reserve. A relaxing 800m return walk will take you down to Orara River, following under the cool canopy of the rainforest and past majestic old-growth trees.
The rainforest here is one of a few remaining stands of lowland rainforest along the Orara River and has been listed as endangered. Thankfully, a regeneration program has protected and preserved it for visitors to enjoy.
This is also a wonderful place to go birdwatching, as here you’ll spot the many native birds of the area, including rose-crowned fruit doves, figbirds, noisy pittas, brown cuckoo doves and white-headed pigeons.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Coramba Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Coramba Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, particularly flood.
Things to do (33)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (15)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cycling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (16)
- Surfing (5)
- Swimming (8)
- Walking (16)
- Waterfalls (8)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)