Pulpit walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pulpit walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Pulpit Rock walking track starts at Govetts Leap lookout, in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Great Western Highway at Blackheath traffic lights, on to Govetts Leap Road
- Drive 2.5km to the park entrance and continue to the end of the road, where you'll reach Govetts Leap lookout and picnic area.
- You can also start Pulpit Rock walking track from Pulpit Rock lookout, accessed via unsealed Hat Hill Road in Blackheath.
Parking is available at Govetts Leap lookout, including several designated spots.
Toilets are located at Govetts Leap lookout.
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.