Protesters Falls walking track
Nightcap National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Protesters Falls walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Protesters Falls walking track is in Nightcap National Park. To get there:
- From The Channon, veer left at the general store (signposted) on Terania Creek Road.
- Drive for approximately 15km to the end of this mostly rough gravel road
- Park at Terania Creek picnic area, at the northern end of Terania Creek Road.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Protesters Falls walking track can become boggy when it rains
Parking is available at Terania Creek picnic area. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nightcap National Park. Here are some of the highlights: Weather in the northern rivers region is generally mild in winter ranging to hot in summer. It can be very wet (the park receives the highest annual rainfall in NSW) and misty so check local weather conditions and pack suitable clothes as well as a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 29°C
6°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Picnic facilities are located at Terania Creek picnic area
- You'll need to bring your own drinking water
Maps and downloads
In order to help protect the vital habitat of the Fleay’s barred frog, swimming in creeks adjacent to Protesters Falls walking track is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477