Point lookout walking track
New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Point lookout walking track.
Grade 1Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Point lookout walking track is in the Point lookout precinct of New England National Park. To get there:
- Halfway between Armidale and Dorrigo on Waterfall Way, turn onto Point Lookout Road.
- Continue for approximately 14km
- Park near the shelter at Point lookout to start the walk
Car and bus parking is available at Point lookout carpark, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
There is a picnic shelter, toilet block and interpretive signs at Point lookout car park.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- The 100m path to the first lookout is is flat and easily accessed by visitors in a wheelchair or with limited mobility.
- The full 500m circuit can be completed with some assistance.
- Several designated disabled car spaces are available at Point lookout carpark.
- There are wheelchair-accessible toilets located at the carpark.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453