Platypus Pool walking track
Werrikimbe National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Platypus Pool walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Platypus Pool walking track is in the Mooraback area of Werrikimbe National Park. To get there:
- Follow the Oxley Highway 55km east of Walcha or 150km west of Port Macquarie
- Turn onto Kangaroo Flat Road
- After approximately 19.5km, turn onto Mooraback Road and follow for 7km to the park entrance.
- After entering the park, Mooraback campground is another 7km along Mooraback Road.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Mooraback campground.
There are no facilities available on this walk:
- There are no bins, so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with you.
- There are toilets, picnic tables and barbecues at Mooraback campground, at the start of this walk.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Werrikimbe National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Werrikimbe National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.