Pigeon House Mountain Didthul walking track
Morton National Park
Completing the iconic Pigeon House Mountain Didthul walking track near Ulladulla in Morton National Park rewards hikers with amazing panoramic views of the area.
- Morton National Park
- 5km return
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, sunscreen, drinking water, hat
- Please note
- It's best to walk this track in dry weather as it is very steep and involves some ladders, you'll also enjoy better views.
- The Budawangs is a declared wilderness area and to protect the environment there are some restrictions on group sizes, firewood use and camping locations, including camping in rock overhangs. Please refer to the Guidelines for walking in the Budawang Wilderness.
Pigeon House Mountain Didthul walking track is one of the best walks in Morton National Park and on the south coast. The walk is in the park’s southern section. The walk is pretty steep in parts, but terrific views make it worthwhile.
You’ll hike through forest, heathland and age-old sandstone before coming to the best part – negotiating a series of ladders that lead you to the summit and the view.
Take in the captivating sight of cliffs and gorges within the Budawang Wilderness, all carved by the Clyde River. On clear days, you may be able to see as far as Jervis Bay and Bermagui. You might even spot a lyrebird along the final portion of the track, where you can also check out rare Pigeon House Ash eucalypts.
Enjoy some lunch at the top of the mountain, or head back down to the picnic area at the start of the walk for a well-deserved lunch.
Take a virtual tour of Pigeon House Mountain Didthul walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass