Pieries Peak walking track
Mount Royal National Park
Pieries Peak walking track allows visitors to hike from Youngville campground to a scenic lookout across the Hunter Valley and Lake Saint Clair.
- Mount Royal National Park
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Pieries Peak walking track is a short climb from Youngville campground to the peak. The track follows a narrow and rocky ridge with steep sides. It’s not for the faint hearted. Make sure you take some treats to celebrate when you reach the peak. Pause to enjoy the scenic views across the Hunter Valley.
Keep an eye out for wedge-tailed eagles soaring above. See if you can spot seasonal visitors like dollar birds and channel-billed cuckoos. You could also encounter brush turkeys, superb lyrebirds, honeyeaters and flycatchers around the track.
Rug up in winter. When the westerly winds blow, the peak can be extremely cold.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Mount Royal National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Mount Royal National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.