Palms circuit track
Munmorah State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Palms circuit track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 45min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
From the northern entrance of Munmorah State Conservation Area:
- Follow Blue Wren Drive
- Turn left into Campbell Drive
- Turn right into Frazer Beach Road and follow the road for 300m
- There’s a small carpark on the left with access to the Palms circuit track
From the southern entrance of Munmorah State Conservation Area:
- Follow Birdie Beach Road and turn left onto Blue Wren Drive
- Turn right onto Campbell Drive and then right onto Frazer Beach Road
- After about 300m, you’ll see a small carpark on the left with access to the Palms circuit track
Parking is available at the Palms picnic area. It can be a busy place on weekends, so parking may be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Munmorah State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Make the most the of the lovely temperature at this time of year and pitch the tent for a camping break by the beach.
Head out along Moonee Beach trail in late winter or early spring and you'll be rewarded with spectacular wildflower displays in the coastal heath areas.
Escape the summer heat with a walk along the Palms circuit track through the rainforest, or cool off with a swim at Frazer beach – it's patrolled during the Christmas and Easter school holidays.
The winter months are the best time to whalewatch at Munmorah – you can even follow the whales' journey and record your sightings.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 25°C
9°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Lake Munmorah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4972 9000
- 1 Blue Wren Drive, Wybung NSW 2259
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.Buy annual pass