Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
The scenic views and waterfalls make for brilliant photography and walking on moderate Nature track in Blue Mountains National Park, near Wentworth Falls.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- 3.3km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Empress Canyon, accessed along Nature track, is a popular destination for canyoning. If you don’t have the gear or experience, try a commercial tour.
For a magnificent walk that will transport you to another world, step out on moderately challenging Nature track, near Wentworth Falls. Families and friends who enjoy a challenge will love this medium-level walking track in Blue Mountains National Park. The spectacular views, swamps, lush ferns and tranquil pools make it ideal for photography and swimming.
Passing through heathlands, you’ll soon enter a wonderland of lush ferns and ancient swamps as the dense canopy of the rainforest descends. Dare to explore the demonically-named Asmodeus Pool and relax in the eerily beautiful Floras Bath. Stop at Isobel Falls for a picnic or simply enjoy the soothing sounds of the waterfall.
Upon reaching Edinburgh Castle Rock, soak up the magnificent views deep into Jamison Valley to the south. Then, head up through the swamp – via boardwalks and stairs – to complete the loop. After all that exercise, you may not be able to resist a delicious Devonshire tea at Conservation Hut.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.