Mount Penang loop walk
Bangadilly National Park
Mount Penang loop walk in Bangadilly National Park is a 3km unmarked hiking trail that is best-suited to experienced bushwalkers.
- Bangadilly National Park
- 3km loop
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Please note
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat.
- This park is in a remote location and weather can be unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Mount Penang loop walk is only 3km, but you’ll need to be a relatively experienced bushwalker nonetheless, due to the short but steep hills and unmarked trail. The effort will be worth it though, as at the peak you’ll be able to enjoy soaking in some truly amazing 360-degree views from the summit of Mount Penang.
Beginning at Tugalong Road, this challenging but rewarding loop winds steadily uphill and continues on to the scenic summit of Mount Penang. Take in the awe-inspiring views from the top, savour the serenity of your surroundings, and look out for local birdlife soaring overhead before making your way back.
This walk is best enjoyed during the more temperate seasons of spring and autumn.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Richmond office
- Monday to Friday , 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 4588 2400
- Bowmans Cottage, 370 Windsor Street, Richmond NSW 2753
- in Bangadilly National Park in the Country NSW region
Bangadilly National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.