Mount Murga to Mount Nangar loop walk
Nangar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Murga to Mount Nangar loop walk.
Features of this track
7 - 9hrs
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough unformed track
Getting there and parking
Mount Murga to Mount Nangar loop walk is in Nangar National Park. To get to Terarra Creek campground and picnic area:
- Drive along The Escort Way, 10km from Eugowra or 70km from Orange.
- Turn right on Dripping Rock Road, where you’ll cross a cattle grid and enter the park.
- Continue along this road for 4.7km until you reach the carpark.
From Terarra Creek camping and picnic area it’s:
- 1.2km west along the fire trail to Mount Murga walking track
- 1.3km east along the fire trail to Dripping Rock day use area
- 11km east along the fire trail to Mount Nangar Lookout (4WD access only).
You can start and finish this walk at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area or you can do a car shuffle, with 1 car at the start of Mount Murga walking track and the other at Mount Nangar Lookout.
Check the weather before you set out as roads and walking tracks may be closed following heavy rain.
The walking track beyond Dripping Rock day use area can only be used in dry weather. It may be closed to vehicles if the track has deteriorated. Check park alerts before you visit.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD access to Dripping Rock day use area
- 4WD required to drive from Dripping Rock to Mount Nangar Lookout
- 4WD required in wet weather
- Parking is available at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area, Dripping Rock and Mount Nangar Lookout.
- Parking is limited at the start of Mount Murga walking track. There is only room for 2 cars opposite the trackhead.
There are no facilties along this walk but you’ll find non-flush toilets at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area. Picnic tables are available at Mount Nangar Lookout, Dripping Rock and Terarra Creek campground and picnic area.
Water is not available, so make sure you bring plenty of drinking water for your stay.
Rubbish bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795