Mount Coryah walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Coryah walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mount Coryah walking track is in the Kaputar Plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there from Narrabri:
- Take Old Gunnedah Road south
- After about 2.5km, turn left onto Kaputar Road.
- Follow Kaputar Road for 27km to the entrance of Mount Kaputar National Park. The road from the park entrance is a steep, single lane road and caravans are not permitted.
- You’ll find the Coryah Gap carpark about 13km along on the right
Park entry points
- Coryah Gap carpark See on map
Parking is available at Coryah Gap, where the track begins.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it's a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.