Mooray walking track
Heathcote National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mooray walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3 - 4hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
There is no internal public road system in Heathcote National Park.
To get to Mooray walking track from Waterfall:
- Turn right onto Kooraban Street, Waterfall.
- After the ramp, turn right onto Warabin Street, Waterfall, and park at the end of the street.
- Walk in via Warabin Street trail (0.7km). You’ll see the signposted Bullawarring walking track – follow it for approximately 2.5km before turning right onto Mooray walking track to complete the loop walk back to Waterfall.
Park entry points
- Warabin Street, Waterfall See on map
Parking is available along the northern end of Warabin Street in Waterfall.
Best times to visit
Heathcote National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
Visit Heathcote National Park in spring to see blooming Gymea lilies give a scarlet glow to the gullies.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
-0.6° C (1968)
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Non-flush toilets are located at Kingfisher Pool campground, along Bullawarring walking track.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232