Monument Hill walking track
Arakoon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Monument Hill walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Monument Hill walking track starts at Trial Bay Gaol in the Trial Bay Gaol precinct of Arakoon National Park.
From South West Rocks:
- Follow Phillip Drive
- Turn left onto Cardwell Street
- Continue along Cardwell Street until you reach Trial Bay Goal
- The walk begins 200m back up Cardwell Street
Alternatively, if starting from Little Bay picnic area
- Follow Phillip Drive (it becomes Wilson Street)
- Turn right onto Gladstone Street which becomes Carri Street
- Continue along Carri Street until you reach Little Bay picnic area
Park entry points
- Trial Bay Gaol carpark See on map
Parking is available at Trial Bay Gaol, including designated bus parking and Little Bay picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Arakoon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The wildflowers will be out so it's a great time to hike the park's walking tracks During the spring, when the she-oaks produce fruit, glossy black cockatoos come in to feed on the ripe seeds .
School's out and it's a great time for a family camping holiday – spend your days swimming, snorkelling, fishing and exploring the park's attractions.
Catch the whales on their journey north along the coast.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
The nearest facilities are located at Trial Bay Gaol.
Maps and downloads
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431