Molly O'Neill nature track
Bungonia National Park
Enjoy this easy walk along Molly O’Neill nature track which passes through open woodland, teeming with wildlife, takes in limestone outcrops, and ends at Bungonia lookdown.
- Bungonia National Park
- 0.3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- On entering the park, register your trip intention at the park office visitor register.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Molly O’Neill was an amateur botanist who passionately dedicated herself to exploring and researching what was, at the time, Bungonia Reserve and is now Bungonia National Park. It is only fitting, therefore, that a walking track has been named in her honour.
Take your time along this short track to read the interpretive signage and see what you can learn about some of the plants native to the park. Enjoy the wildflowers during spring and keep your binoculars handy to look at the wildlife whose habitats you’re passing through. During daylight hours, you’re most likely to see wallaroos, wallabies, kangaroos, goannas and lyrebirds. At night, you may get a glimpse of a glider and you will almost certainly see possums.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bungonia National Park in the Country NSW region
Bungonia National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to high fire danger, or park operations. It's a good idea to ring the office for current information.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Daily fees can be paid at the ticket machines at the park office.Buy annual pass