Minmi Cemetery walk
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
Take this gentle walk to Minmi Cemetery, a charming historic site that dates back to the coal-mining boom of the mid-1800s.
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
Walkers, cyclists and horse riders should remain on recognised tracks and trails as there are areas in the park that are subject to mine subsidence.
Minmi Cemetery, only a 200m stroll from the park’s main carpark, is a charming and fascinating piece of local heritage. Dating from the coal-mining boom of the mid-1800's, it tells its own story of the people who came to this place to try to make a living from its underground riches. Don’t forget to visit the pretty Minmi Heritage Garden while you’re here.
Take a virtual tour of Minmi Cemetery walk captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Newcastle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4946 4100
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.