Applies from Sat 30 Jan 2021, 2.10pm. Last reviewed: Sun 7 Mar 2021, 10.04am.
Safety alerts: Wet weather road condition advice
Roads in Mimosa Rocks National Park may become wet and slippery following rainfall or thunderstorms. Some sections of these roads may become temporarily impassable to 2WD vehicles without warning due to rain, thunderstorms or vehicle damage. Access will be affected until conditions improve.
Roads that may be affected include:
- Aragannu Road
- Middle Beach Road
- Gillards Road
- Bithry Inlet Road
- Nelson Lake Road
- All other dirt roads within the park
Plan you trip:
- Always check the NSW National Parks alerts page for up to date information on closed parks and safety alerts
- Check the weather forecast before setting out and during your visit/stay. Consider altering or delay your trip if weather conditions change.
- Tell family or friends where you are going and when you expect to return and let them know you have returned.
- Know your vehicle limits before you travel. Consider getting NRMA roadside assistance before you go or call 1311 22.
- Take enough supplies for your visit/stay and take extra supplies to cover unexpected delays. This includes a first aid kit, warm clothing/blankets, food, water and medications.
- Download apps- The Emergency Plus app will help you contact emergency services. Use the Fires Near Me app to check for bushfires in NSW before you go and during your trip, especially in summer. Please note these apps only work when you have mobile reception.
If conditions deteriorate roads within the park (including those accessing visitor areas and camping grounds) may be closed to traffic at short notice.
For further information, contact the NPWS Narooma area office on 02 4476 0800 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.