Mermaid lookout track
Crowdy Bay National Park
Mermaid lookout track takes you on a tour of Crowdy Bay National Park's secret surprises. Secluded coves, sweeping beaches and mountain views await you on this short hike.
- 1.4km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Remember to take plenty of drinking water.
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and to wear a hat.
- Strong rips and currents may be present as this beach - take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
Cross the footbridge over the creek at Diamond Head and wander up this short walking track to the lookout. Along the shore is a series of rocky coves just perfect for a mermaid’s afternoon nap.
Enjoy spectacular views across the crescent of Dunbogan beach to North Brother mountain and look out for Christmas bells blooming among the grasslands in summer. It’s also a great spot for watching whales on their annual migration along the coast.
Take a virtual tour of Mermaid Lookout track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass