Marramarra Ridge to Smugglers Ridge walking track
Marramarra National Park
Discover the beauty of Marramarra, near Hornsby, on this day walk. Enjoy scenic views, historic heritage, colourful wildflowers and picnicking along the way.
- Marramarra National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- 13km loop
- Time suggested
- 4 - 6hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Discover the Hawkesbury Sandstone ridge tops and explore the tidal creek lines of Marramarra on this beautiful day walk.
Enjoy easy walking along Marramarra Ridge trail down to Marramarra Creek. Stop for a while and enjoy picnicking and a refreshing swim at Marramarra Creek campground. Head off to explore the historic orange orchards, and in late winter, you can probably pick an orange from these historic trees.
Continue along the walking track that takes you back up to Bloodwood Road along Smugglers Ridge. It’ll be impossible to miss the wildflowers in spring. Admire the beautiful colours of pink eriostemons and boronias, yellow peas and white epacris, as well as yellow and red bloodwoods and angophoras.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Lane Cove National Park Office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 8448 0400
- Lane Cove National Park, 2 Max Allen Road Lindfield NSW 2070
- in Marramarra National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Marramarra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.