Lynchs loop trail
Weddin Mountains National Park
Lynchs loop trail is a short hike within Weddin Mountains National Park. The route is scenic and there are birdwatching opportunities.
- Weddin Mountains National Park
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The walking opportunities in this park are suitable for experienced bushwalkers who are comfortable undertaking self-reliant hiking
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Toilets can be found at Ben Halls campground and Holy Camp
There are many good walking routes in Weddin Mountains National Park, and Lynchs loop trail is a great one to do, offering a lovely vista and plenty of birdwatching. The track, with short steep sections, leads steadily up through Small Basin gully to the edge of the western escarpment for superb scenic views across the valley towards Forbes.
After rain, water may be held in some areas of the drainage line in Small Basin gully, which adds to the natural beauty of this hiking track. In spring, things get even more appealing as the wildflowers start showing off their true colours, attracting nectar-loving birds.
The trail begins at Ben Halls campground and is ideal whether you're camping over for a few days, enjoying a picnic, or exploring the park for an hour or two.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Weddin Mountains National Park in the Country NSW region
Weddin Mountains National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Bathurst office
02 6332 7640
02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- Email: email@example.com
- Bathurst office