Little Bald Rock walking track
Bald Rock National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Little Bald Rock walking track.
Features of this track
3 - 4hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Little Bald Rock walk begins at Bald Rock camping and picnic area, close to Bald Rock. To get there:
- Travel 29km north of Tenterfield on the sealed Woodenbong (Mount Lindesay) Road
- Access to the Bald Rock campground and picnic area is via the sealed Bald Rock Road
- From Stanthorpe, take the road to Amosfield then turn south towards Tenterfield along the Woodenbong Road.
Parking is available at Bald Rock camping and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bald Rock National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Clear crisp atmosphere at this time of year offers outstanding views from the top of Bald Rock.
Wildflowers and the mild temperatures make spring a fantastic time of year for long walks and camping out.
Good camping weather as the temperature rarely exceeds 30 degrees.
Frosts and rare snow flakes overnight, followed by brilliant blue skies overhead and crisp, fresh sunny days.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
25°C and 28°C
15°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass