Little Bald Rock walking track
Bald Rock National Park
The Little Bald Rock walking track rewards you with scenic views across New South Wales and Queensland.
- Bald Rock National Park in Country NSW
- 6.5km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- You'll need to bring own cooking water
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please ensure you are well prepared for your visit
- There is limited reception in this park
This 6.5km return walk climbs to the top of the granite dome, where you'll be rewarded with superb scenic views as far as Girraween National Park in Queensland. The walking track heads along the base of Bald Rock, taking in refreshing forests of mountain gum and granite swellings.
Boronias and banksias also sprinkle the trail as you pass geckos and skinks quietly sunning themselves in various rock crevices. It's not uncommon to find yourself accompanied by families of curious kangaroos either as you traverse through.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass