Lees Pinch lookout walking track
Goulburn River National Park
The easy walk along Lees Pinch lookout walking track offers spectacular views across the south and east of Goulburn River National Park, and is perfect for birdwatching.
- Goulburn River National Park
- 1km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- There are unfenced cliff edges along this walk, take care.
If you don’t have a lot of time to explore Goulburn River National Park, this easy walking track takes you through Lees Pinch lookout and is a simple option with rewarding scenic views over this outstanding national park.
Relax while absorbing the stunning and rugged terrain that lies below. Three different viewing areas offer scenic views of the lush forest and Goulburn River flowing through a sandstone gorge; this place is a gem.
The kids will love it, too. Lots of animals that can be seen here, like wallabies and wombats. And while you’re enjoying a sandwich, look up to catch a glimpse of birds of prey which soar through the sky near the lookouts.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Mudgee office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6370 9000
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW 2850
- in Goulburn River National Park in the Country NSW region
Goulburn River National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.