Spring Gully drive
Goulburn River National Park
The picturesque Spring Gully drive takes you through lush forest. At Spring Gully campground, you can enjoy a swim, fishing and birdwatching.
- Goulburn River National Park in Country NSW
- 22km one-way
- Time suggested
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Ice, fuel, gas and groceries are available at the villages of Wollar and Bylong.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
- Check the weather before you set out as Spring Gully drive is for dry weather only.
Wind your way through some of Goulburn River National Park’s beautiful scenery along Spring Gully drive. The 22km car route from Wollar is along an unsealed road, making it somewhat of an adventure as you leave the local farmland behind.
Along the way, you may spot some of the local inhabitants: eastern grey kangaroos watching expectantly as you drive by, while grazing emus and brightly coloured parrots will accompany you along your way as they rest in the majestic eucalypts.
When you arrive at Spring Gully campground, treat yourself by jumping straight into the Goulburn River, or throw in your fishing line to see if you can catch something for lunch – the waters of the Goulburn River make this an angler’s dream.
Or if you’d like to stretch your legs after a long car journey, take a walk along the river past sandstone cliffs, which are home to Aboriginal sites, such as hand stencils.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Mudgee office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6370 9000
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW 2850
- in Goulburn River National Park in the Country NSW region
Goulburn River National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.