Dooragan National Park
Part of the Three Brothers, this challenging walk to the scenic summit overlooking Laurieton is not to be missed. The views are some of the best across northern New South Wales.
- Dooragan National Park
- 3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- There is some mobile phone reception in this park
Laurieton track is a challenging walk on a rough trail, perfect for the intrepid adventurer. It’s easily accessible, quickly transporting you from the bustle of life in Laurieton and Port Macquarie to the serenity of the forest full of wonderful wildlife.
The trail heads through burly, towering blackbutt and eucalyptus forest, making it easy to reflect back on a time when these forests provided the timber lifeblood for the growing community of Laurieton. Some of the enormous old stumps are still there between the regenerating forests, remnants of this pioneering past.
Those preferring a less strenuous outing will find Rainforest loop equally enjoyable. This relaxed trail heads through cloud-formed subtropical rainforest, and is a great introduction for people with limited bushwalking experience.
Take a virtual tour of Laurieton track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Dooragan National Park in the North Coast region
Dooragan National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.