Clarke Gorge walking track
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Clarke Gorge walking track.
Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough unformed track
Getting there and parking
Clarke Gorge walking track is in the Blue Waterholes precinct of Kosciuszko National Park, 25km north east of Snowy Mountains Highway via Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes trail. The track starts near Blue Waterholes campground.
- There's no vehicle access to the trackhead of Clarke Gorge walking track in winter, and roads may close in extreme weather.
- Check the weather before you set out as Long Plain Road and Blue Waterholes trail can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available on Blue Waterholes trail, next to Blue Waterholes campground.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass