Kinchela Trig Lookout walk
Hat Head National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kinchela Trig Lookout walk.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Kinchela Trig lookout walk is in the Hat Head precinct of Hat Head National Park. To get there from Kempsey or Clybucca:
- Take South West Rocks Road to Kinchela
- Turn right and follow the signs to Hat Head
- Turn right just before the bridge and head towards The Gap
- Take the first right, then follow the signs to Kinchega Trig lookout walk.
Parking is available on Gap Road.
Best times to visit
This park's sweeping beaches are extremely inviting during summer, but its wildlife and walking tracks make it a joy to visit all year round.
A birdwatcher's delight as the heath shrubland bursts into a kaleidoscope of wild flowers and birds come from all around, listen out for the guttural call of glossy black cockatoos.
Take the Connors track beach walk to experience wildflower displays amongst the banksias .
Spot humpback and southern right whales migrating to northern waters between May and July.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 26°C
13°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Hungry Gate campground.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431