Karloo walking track
Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Karloo walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3 - 5hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Karloo walking track is in the Heathcote precinct of Royal National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Princes Highway at Heathcote and cross the rail bridge in to Heathcote East
- Follow Wilson Parade and leave your car at Heathcote train station
- Walk south-east along Wilson Parade and shortly after passing the emergency services centre, you’ll arrive at an intersection where Karloo walking track is signposted.
Park entry points
- Heathcote Train Station See on map
Parking is available at Heathcote train station.
Best times to visit
Plan a visit during spring to admire the stunning wildflowers on display in Royal National Park. Head along the Curra Moors Loop track or walk to Wises track to see them in bloom.
Summer is a great time for a walk to Karloo Pool because you'll be able to cool down with a dip at the end. Tuck into a picnic and stretch out on a towel before heading back to Heathcote. You might also like Deer Pool and Curracurrang if you're after freshwater swimming in Royal National Park.
Toilets are located at Heathcote train station and Uloola Falls campground.
Maps and downloads
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass