Kangarutha walking track
Bournda National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kangarutha walking track.
Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Kangarutha walking track is in the north of Bournda National Park. There are three access points.
- Head to the boat ramp at Kianinny Bay, walk across the footbridge and start the walk from there.
From White Rock Road, opposite Kianinny Cabins:
- Opposite the cabins, which are on Bega-Tathra Road, is a dirt road called White Rock Road that leads to White Rock Quarry. Kangarutha walking track crosses the road near the old quarry.
From Turingal Head carpark:
- This is reached via Sapphire Coast Drive and Wallagoot Lake Road. After passing the boat club, park at Turingal Head carpark then take a short walk to Wallagoot Gap (also known as Wineglass Bay).
Parking is available at Kianinny Bay, Turingal Head and also at White Rock with a 3km walk to Kangarutha walking track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bournda National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Bournda National Park in the South Coast region
Bournda National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. This park uses a self-registration fee collection system, please bring correct change.Buy annual pass