Jump-Up walking track
Sturt National Park
Discover the landscape of Sturt National Park along the Jump-Up walking track; you’re likely to see Aboriginal sites, wildflowers and kangaroos along the way.
- Sturt National Park
- 2km loop
- Time suggested
- 2hrs - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 5
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- There is a 4km loop if you’d like a slightly longer walk
- Picnic facilities are available at Olive Downs campground
- Check the weather before you travel to Sturt National Park as roads may be closed following rain
Take a walk among the Jump-Up landscape of Sturt National Park; striking flat-topped mesas that are the remains of an ancient mountain range.
As you walk, you’ll have a good view of the surrounding plains, predominantly covered with mulga bushland; however you might be lucky enough to see a carpet of wildflowers following heavy rains. Further away, you’ll be able to see the low-lying gibber plains.
Keep your eyes open for wallaroos, kangaroos, lizards and eagles as you walk and be sure to look out for rock engravings, middens and scarred trees along the way; evidence of the Wangkumara people’s long connection to this ancient landscape.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Sturt Visitor Centre
- Sturt Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass