Hominy Creek walking track
Popran National Park
Go walking along Hominy Creek walking track in Popran National Park to the picturesque crystal clear waters of Emerald Pool.
- Popran National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- 5km return
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Please note
- The track is accessed via Ironbark picnic area, which has a small dirt carpark, but it’s not recommended for low-clearance 2WD vehicles.
- There is a tethering post for horses here.
Branching off Mount Olive trail, Hominy Creek walking track is a picturesque detour which would make any postcard jealous. The track is lined with ferns and partially shaded by majestic eucalypts, so it’s the ideal place to stroll and also to have a picnic.
Along the track, you'll have the opportunity to stop and witness the beauty of Emerald Pool. The areas around this creek are picturesque, and it's the perfect habitat for the green and golden bell frog, as well as the red-crowned toadlet.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Popran National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Popran National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.